If you want a quick response to the question “Can you make meringue in a blender?”, the answer is “Yes, you can.”
Meringue is a tasty, simple cake with many uses in sweet food decorating.
So, why not attempt it at home with a blender?
Please see the following article for further information on this subject.
What is meringue?
Meringue is a popular cake used to mix or adorn cakes, cheesecakes, macarons, and other baked items. Anyone who looks at this dessert is charmed by its tiny and cute appearance.
The sweet and crunchy cake melts on the tip of the tongue, making it highly appealing and enticing. You can create a meringue cake with many different colors for your tea party.
Is meringue good for your health?
Meringue cake is made from 2 main ingredients: egg white and sugar. Eggs are known to be a food rich in nutrients. It has the effect of regulating cholesterol, and preventing diseases of obesity. Eggs are a type of food, a “golden” food for health, because of their vitamins, protein, and minerals.
Meanwhile, carbohydrates are essential nutrients to absorb. Sugar provides the necessary energy for the body, supports the neurological development of children, and regulates daily activities.
It is advisable to use high-quality sugar in moderation because too sweet will easily cause nausea. Two ingredients combine to create such a nutritious cake.
How to make meringue in a blender?
Step 1: Prepare ingredients (Eggs and sugar)
First, you should separate egg yolks and egg whites. Break the eggs and then use the eggshells to separate the yolks into a bowl or use a dedicated egg beater. This step is important because adding a little yolk can not beat the egg.
Meringue appears simple to prepare, but there are several basic rules to follow to obtain the right finish. The method for making egg ice cream, in particular, will achieve the best result only if you use the freshest eggs. If you use old eggs, the resulting egg cream will not be smooth, spongy, or white.
To distinguish fresh eggs, place them in a bowl of water. The fresh ones are the ones that sink to the bottom. Before whisking each egg white, add a teaspoon of cream of tartar to help stabilize it.
The sugar should be finely granulated to make it easier to combine with the egg whites. The amount of sugar used must also be appropriate to avoid a lot of air bubbles when adding less, and the whites will be thick if you add too much sugar.
Step 2: Put in the blender
Making meringues with a blender can take as little as 90 seconds. After separating the egg whites, the next step is to use a blender to make egg foam according to the following steps:
- Place the separated egg whites in the blender. At the same time, add a little salt when blending to help the egg juice not to be fishy.
- Turn on the button to activate the blender. Only turn to the lowest level so that the egg whites are beaten evenly.
- After about 30 seconds, add the right amount of sugar to create a fluffy custard cream.
- Keep the blender on for 30 seconds, then add about 2 to 3 drops of lemon juice. It will whiten the cream while masking the fishy smell of the egg whites.
- Beat for 30 seconds or until creamy and fluffy, then turn off the machine.
In addition, to achieve the porosity you want, you need to make sure the egg whites are free of impurities. All tools, such as egg beaters and whisks, must be cleansed and dried before use.
Step 3: Bake
After whipping up the cake, you may customize shapes and colors using your favorite characters based on your preferences. Then, it’s time to bake meringue.
- Preheat the oven for about 5-10 minutes before baking. Place the cake in the oven for about 50 minutes, or until it is dry.
- Then, take it from the oven and let it cool completely. Depending on the type of oven, adjust the temperature and time accordingly.
- Each oven will have a different heat management system, so when you see the surface of the cake turn yellow, lower the heat to prolong the drying time.
- The final result is a cake that is easy to take from the parchment paper, crunchy, and not moist inside. It’s ready to enjoy. You can use it as a snack or decorate the cake.
In conclusion, individuals who attempt to beat egg whites using a blender for the first time will be bewildered and may fail. So be patient and practice a lot to get better!
You also can beat the eggs by hand or with a specialized whisk to get used to it before using a blender because it may be a bit more difficult yet quicker!