If you’ve ever had milk tea or eaten a variety of sweets, you’ll be familiar with pudding. Pudding is often similar to flan, but they are softer, milkier, and curd with gelatin. In this post, we’ll learn to prepare instant pudding with a blender.
What is pudding?
“Pudding” is commonly used in Western countries to refer to both savory and sweet dishes. And if put in some specific cases, pudding is just a dessert.
Original pudding is like a paste made of milk or sweetened cream, thickened with gelatinous starch, usually cornstarch or flour, and then cooked in a pan on the stove. This classic pudding is enjoyed as a dessert, a snack, or eaten independently. Today, the way to make pudding is also richer, creating more new flavors.
How are puddings made?
There are four main types and ways to prepare puddings: boiled, baked, steamed, and chilled in the refrigerator until it gels. Several recipes can be prepared by either one method or another or through a combination of methods.
Steps to make instant pudding with blender
To make it easy for you to follow, I will introduce the steps to make chocolate pudding in a blender. This recipe is according to my experience. Therefore, you can mix and match different ingredients to create the flavor of your favorite taste. All you have to do now is combine your ingredients and let them cool in the fridge.
I modified the original recipe to prepare it in my blender and make it softer, similar to handmade chocolate pudding. It turns out that the only thing you need to modify about the recipe is the chill time!
- 5 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate*
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- fine salt
- egg yolk
- vanilla extract
- heavy cream
- hot espresso/ hot coffee*
- whipped cream and some fruit for decoration
- Step 1: To begin, combine chopped chocolate chips, a bit of salt, vanilla extract, one or two eggs, and a shot of rum or other liquor. Except for the hot coffee, add all ingredients into the blender.
- Step 2: Make sure your blender’s lid is securely tightened to prevent spillage. Then, at a medium to high pace, turn on the blender. Chop the chocolate pieces into smaller grains to generate a smooth froth with the egg whites and yolk.
This recipe is a type of in-between mousse and pudding. It is not as light and airy as a mousse, but it is not as thick as a pudding.
- Step 3: With the blender running, stream in the hot coffee or hot espresso. Add your coffee, lid it up and then continue. Blending is essential to create a constant froth and melt the chocolate to get a good consistency. So keep mixing until everything looks consistent. Take the lid off and look inside to make sure that all ingredients are evenly melted. If it’s a little foamier, that’s great. Nevertheless, when the chocolate breaks apart, the coffee must be as hot as possible to ensure a uniform blend.
- Step 4: Run the blender for another 30 seconds, stopping to stir the mixture from the sides, if necessary.
- Step 5: Pour the mixture into two serving glasses after it seems to be homogeneous. Cover plastic wrap over the surface of the pudding and chill for 60-90 minutes to firm up. Before serving, check the texture: if it is too soft, put it back in the fridge; if it is too firm, let it sit on the counter for a few minutes to melt a bit.
- Step 6 (optional): I recommend sprinkling cream on top for a more flavorful experience.
How does chocolate pudding taste?
In addition to the feeling of fat and smoothness, the gentle and fragrant aroma of milk eggs, chocolate pudding stands out with the combination of white chocolate and dark chocolate with an enchanting flavor.
The appearance of this type of pudding looks appealing, decorated with a layer of chocolate powder, extremely eye-catching, sure to make people fall in love. Pudding is tasty, but it also has a luxury and noble beauty, making it ideal as a dessert for large gatherings.
How to choose the right blender for instant pudding?
There are several pudding recipes to follow. Using a blender to make this dessert, on the other hand, is straightforward and quick. To pulverize everything, pick a blender with a powerful motor. In addition, the blender should have a variety of speed levels so that the speed may be adjusted from low to high. If your blender has a hot soup setting, that’s also an advantage because the preceding chocolate will melt faster.
Pudding is a favorite delicacy in the world, especially during the holidays. Pudding may be loved by many people and used to create unique recipes for their home party because of its richness in preparation and flavor.
How about you?
Are you a fan of pudding?
Are you ready to create a quick pudding in a blender?
I hope this dish turns out well for you! Good luck!