There are many varieties of delicious and refreshing fruit juices recipes. In particular, making tomato juice is popular with many people to keep fit and have youthful and vibrant skin. If your home only has a blender without a juicer, you can still use it to make a delicious and nutritious cup of tomato juice. Let’s figure it out with Blender Command on this guide here!
The Health Benefits Of Tomato Juice
Tomato is a familiar plant but have you ever searched for the health advantages of tomato?
This plant provides a great source of vitamins A and C which can improve eyesight. Besides, they are high in potassium, folate, magnesium, niacin, thiamin, and phosphorus, all of which are essential micronutrients for a healthy body and bright skin. In particular, tomato juice plays an important role in reducing stomach and lung cancer thanks to its high lycopene content. And you can use a blender to make a super delicious cup of tomato juice with the simple steps that we will introduce here.
Besides, it helps to lose weight quickly as it contains low fat and cholesterol but is rich in fiber and vitamins. Vitamin K and calcium in tomatoes also keep bonds strong. There are hundreds of magical impacts of tomatoes on our health that we cannot skip in our diet.
Why You Should Make Tomato Juice At Home?
Making tomato juice at home is always the best choice because it gives the freshest and most nutritious juice. You can actively choose the most quality tomatoes and remove the damaged parts to have a decent drink without a bad smell. And with just a few simple steps you have a fresh cup of tomato juice with just a compact blender.
No sodium content:
Canned tomato juice is also widely sold in the market. However, some products contain sodium and flavorings to help them last longer and taste more delicious. These substances are not good for your health and may cause many serious diseases when overused.
Make your favorite flavor:
depending on your taste, you can adjust the amount of sugar to less or more sweet. In addition, you can mix with other fruits and vegetables to create your desirable drink.
How To Make Tomato Juice Using A Blender? See Step By Step Here
Making tomato juice at home is extremely straightforward and quick. Here are a few basic steps to help you create tomato juice with a blender.
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
- Choose fresh tomatoes (quantity depends on your preference), wash and drain them. Remove the seed of the tomatoes (if you want). In addition, you can also prepare other vegetables and fruits such as celery, carrots, apples, and so on to enhance flavors. Chop or cut all ingredients into smaller pieces.
- Prepare a little salt and sugar.
- Kitchen appliance needed: Blender and colander (or sieve)
Step 2: It’s time for blending
- First, choose a blender with a suitable capacity. Put all the ingredients into the pitcher. Remember to add a little water to make it easy to pulverize. Do not overfill as this may cause clogging and uneven mixing.
- Start the blender. Depending on each product, you can be flexible in choosing the right function. Some modern blenders have a pre-set juicing mode for the best adjustment.
- Next, the amount of filtered water will affect the smoothness and consistency of tomato juice. If we add too much water compared to the number of tomatoes we use, it will be easy to dilute the juice, the nutritional value is not high. Therefore, you should only give just enough proportion.
Step 3: Filter
- After pureeing, you will put all the tomato juice through a sieve to get the juice and remove the tomato residues. You can add more sugar to fit your flavor.
Step 4: Enjoy
- Add some ice to your tomato juice glass, and it’s ready to enjoy!
You can watch tutorial here:
How Long Can Tomato Juice Made With A Blender Keep?
Tomato juice should be used within the day after blending to ensure freshness and nutrient richness. It can be left for up to 4 hours at room temperature and longer in the refrigerator. However, it should not be left overnight. Or you can even keep it in the freezer to keep it longer, maybe up to one week.
How much tomato juice is enough?
With smooth tomato juice, you should only drink about one cup per day. Consuming too much tomato juice can affect digestion or lead to acid reflux. Besides, instead of drinking tomato juice every day, you can change the diversity of ingredients to provide enough and balance all types of nutrients from other fruits and vegetables.
The best way is that you should make just enough for each drink. If stored in the refrigerator, you should pay attention before drinking. If the juice has a bad smell, is bubbly, or changes color, the juice may have been oxidized and not good for health anymore and may cause more stomach pain when using.
How To Preserve Tomato Juice In The Freezer In The Right Way?
Fill tomato juice into a dark, wide-mouthed glass bottle with a tight lid. Then store in a cool, dry place. Avoid direct light and heat exposure to the sun. If possible, it can be stored in the refrigerator and kept for up to 24 hours. Limit shaking or stirring tomato juice many times during storage.
In conclusion, try to make tomato juice at home with a blender. Everything is so simple, right? Moreover, making fresh tomato juice retains the nutrients and is much safer than canned juice sold on the market. You will load up your body with more enzymes, vitamins, and minerals than cooked tomatoes. I hope with some steps listed above, you can make your delicious drink at home with a blender.